James A. McShane, P.E.
Mr. McShane currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of Conor Commercial Real Estate. The firm's involvement in real estate investment and development activities includes an expansive portfolio of projects, geographical territories served and real estate personnel. Conor Commercial is nationally recognized as an entrepreneurial and creative development organization with the financial strength to complete sophisticated and complex developments throughout the country. Mr. McShane also serves as a member of Conor Commercial's Investment Committee.
Through its aggressive management style and insightful growth strategies, Conor Commercial provides development expertise for its own portfolio, in addition to entering into strategic partnerships with many nationally prominent investment and development firms. This strategy provides substantial growth and opportunity for Conor Commercial to develop and manage a significant portfolio of land and properties.
Conor Commercial operates six development offices strategically positioned to oversee the firm's operations in the Northern, Southern and Western regions of the country. Through its headquarters operation in Chicago, Illinois and its offices in Austin, Dallas and Houston, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; and Los Angeles, California, Conor Commercial is positioned to respond to the growing demands for sophisticated real estate development on a national basis.
- Marquette University
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer - Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE)
- Builders Association (AGC Chicago Chapter)
- Chicago Building Congress (CBC), 2005 - 2007 President
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) – Chicago Chapter
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Chicago Industrial Properties, 2010
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Illinois Real Estate Journal, 2007 - 09
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)