Jim is Chief Executive Officer of Conor Commercial Real Estate and a member of the firm’s Investment Committee. Jim founded The McShane Companies in 1984 and has used his leadership, creativity and vast knowledge of commercial real estate and construction to propel the companies into success on a national basis. The McShane Companies have grown from a single-office operation in suburban Chicago into a national, multi-office organization with Conor locations in Phoenix, Arizona; Irvine, California and Dallas, Texas.
The growth and success of Conor and the other McShane Companies is anchored upon Jim’s dedication to the core commercial markets of industrial and office while evolving into growing sectors such as multi-family and healthcare. Today, the firm continues to enjoy a solid base of market diversity, geographical expansion and numerous successes on behalf of highly-respected clients.
Jim is a Registered Professional Engineer in Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE)
- Builders Association (AGC Chicago Chapter)
- Chicago Building Congress (CBC), President, 2005 – 2007
- National Association for Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Chicago Chapter
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Chicago Industrial Properties, 2010
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Illinois Real Estate Journal, 2007 – 2009
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
Awards & Recognition
- Urban Land Institute Chicago – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Chicago Building Congress – Distinguished Service Award
- Midwest Real Estate News – Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame
- SIOR Chicago – Richard G. Levy President’s Award
- NAIOP Chicago – Award of Excellence